In the book of Daniel are a few unique and curious verses: From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days. As for you, go your way until the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance (Dn 12:11-13). What is being told to Daniel here? If the entire Tribulation is seven years (and scripture usually has a month as 30 days), then that would be 2,520 days. We know the Antichrist will set up an image of himself in the temple at the middle of this time (3.5 years, or 1,260 days; Mt 24:15, Rv 13:14). Of course it would take time to set up such an image. If we assume such a feat would take a month to do, then that period plus the last half of the Tribulation Period would be 1,290 days as stated in these verses in Daniel. Once Christ returns, it will likely take time to get things organized for the Kingdom to officially start and be governed. If we allow 45 days for that, then the 30 days we just talked about, the 3.5 years of the last half of the Tribulation Period, and the 45 days to establish the Kingdom, then that yields 1,335 days as stated in these verses of Daniel.
To break this down, we have the following:
- From the time of the Antichrist’s decision to stop sacrifices to the erection of his image in the temple: 30 days.
- From the time of the erection of the Antichrist’s image in the temple to the return of Christ: 1,260 days. Cumulative number of days; 1,290.
- From the time of Christ’s return to the establishment of his Promised Kingdom: 45 days. Cumulative number of days; 1,335.
- The angels will be judged. ( 1Co 6:3, Mt 25:41)
- The survivors will be judged (Mt 25:31-46)
- Assignments for the saints will be set in motion (Dn 12:13, Jr 30:9, Mt 19:28)
- Nations, property and laws will be established for the next 1000 years (Zc 14:17-21),
Can you imagine being a part of this? It will be truly spectacular. What a way to begin the Promised Kingdom. Can you imagine living in a utopian society for one-thousand years? Can you picture it? Can you hardly wait?!
Gap in the Timeline
What is the Kingdom of God? - Part 1